Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Striped Shower Curtain

So I am totally into stripes these days! Can't get enough of them! I've seen a few other blogs where they used stripes on rugs, curtains and dressers. I thought I could find some fabric I likes and could sew some up. Well... I'm very frugal... I don't like to spend a lot of money on things that I may already have, haha! Anyway, I remembered that I had a plain white twin flat sheet that we used when we had the other beds up. Well, here is what I came up with...

Here is the before... not bad, I'm just over it!!! I really wanted something taller!

Here is my sheet during the lines. I just taped the lines on as I went. Very easy and NOT perfect!

Here it is just after I hung it. I just cut holes in the top for the curtain rings to fit. You could use clips, but this is what I already had!

Not the best pictures, but I used a red ribbon as a tie back and I LOVE it! I've had so many compliments on it already... who knew only a twin sheet and some paint!!!


Linked up to:



giveaways

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea - and it turned out great! Good job! I'm your newest follower...come check out my blog when you get a chance :-)
    Shantel @
    www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheap creative idea!! I think it looks FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks GREAT! I love it! I once tried to create some curtains with a white sheet and a fleur de lis stamp that I had on hand, and it turned out TERRIBLE. So I decided to try stripes next, but in the middle of taping them off I gave up - the first attempt scarred me! But this makes me want to try again...

    ReplyDelete