Monday, January 3, 2011

The Evolution of a Boring Hallway!

Well our hallway has been through some changes since we moved in our house 6.5 year ago! It can be seen from our den, so it has always been one of those walls that drove me crazy trying to figure out!

This was the way it looked in the beginning. Carpet on the floors, plain paint on the walls (Blonde from SW) and pics of the kids on wall. Not bad, just blah!

A couple of summers ago, we decided to put hardwood in the hallway upstairs. It made a huge difference!

This past October I knew something had to change. The long expansive wall of Blonde paint was getting on my nerves! So I decided instead of changing the entire wall color to add stripes! I ran across the idea from Emily A. Clark. If you haven't checked out her blog... she is amazing!

Here is another shot of the hallway. I think it helps draw your eye down the entire hall! However, there was still one thing missing...

I needed black doors! I used Ben Moore Onyx black in satan... thanks to
Autumn @ Design Dump


Linking up to:
toolsareforwomentoo


Making


Pic+for+Body+of+Blog.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love the stripes!! They make the whole space look amazingly different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I love it!
    New follower...I'm painting our new home too stop by and see my Old World Map

    http://girlinair.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-painted-world.html

    ReplyDelete